With the importance of having the text readable, I ordered a polymer plate from Boxcar press. While, I had created a plate at Spudnik before, I had concerns about my font sizes and felt better having the professionals create the plate for me. I had to experiment around with inDesign but luckily the text had no issues. My woodcut barn was an E-bay purchase and worked perfectly! Maybe next time around I'll overcome my design abilities and just have that part of the plate. For this print, it meant I did the print twice. Once with the barn woodcut and second with the plate. Looking back, I probably could have done them both at the same time, but the base does take up quite a bit of the chase.
After getting all the pieces and parts, I loaded up the Chandler & Price at Spudnik. I usually print on the Vandercook, so this was another challenge. Luckily, I had limited type and I was able to knock everything out in one Open Studio.
Every time I approach letterpress project, I get to learn new things and continually grow in my skill-sets. It was so fun to get to try so many new skills and have the finished project match the one I had dreamed of! Best of all, my sister and her fiance loved them!